When Can Students Apply
Students can apply for recognition during one of two open application periods throughout the year.
- Fall Semester: September - October
- Spring Semester: January - February
Complete the Petition for a New Organization on OrgSync. This petition asks for the following:
- Name of proposed organization
- Students interested in joining (SSA requires you have at least four members)
- Purpose of the organization
- Reason for wanting to be recognized
- How the organization is different from others on campus
- Advisor Information (the advisor must be a faculty or staff member on campus)
If the Petition is approved, the organization can submit an Organization Registration Request on OrgSync within 30 days of the approved petition date, or at the discretion of the OAC. Gather the following information in order to submit the request.
- Officer contact information
- Meeting information
- Uploaded constitution (A template is available for your support. SSA requires all orgs to include the items in red within their constitution)
- One year plan for the new organization
- Other info such as website and social media links, national affiliation info if applicable, organization goals, advisor email, etc.
Submit your request on OrgSync following the steps below.
- Login to OrgSync from here
- Go to the "Organizations" tab at the top of the page and choose "Add Organization"
- Click the green "Register a New Organization" button at the top right of the screen
- Select "Student Organizations" and click submit.
- Complete all the appropriate information
- Click Finish
Your request and constitution will be reviewed by the Organizational Affairs Committee (OAC) of SSA. You will be also be asked to present your one year plan to the OAC. If approved, they will forward your request to be voted on at a Senate meeting. The organization will be invited to attend that Senate meeting and give a brief presentation on why they should be a recognized student organization.